Job ID 20121
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor\'s Degree
The Business Development Manager is a pivotal role within the organization, responsible for driving revenue growth and expanding our market presence. The Business Development Manager, will be the driving force behind identifying new business opportunities, cultivating strategic partnerships, and executing growth initiatives to achieve our company’s financial objectives.
- Effectively manage operations and processes associated with underwriting and re-insurance while offering technical guidance and training to the team.
- Responsible for Business Development and growth of the Company Premium base, which will be
- Formulating business strategies and marketing plan and implementing them to achieve goals and objectives of the Company using the Strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for New Product development, which will be in line with Tausi’s new product policy. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Risk Management Framework & Risk Management Policy of the Company and all other Company policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with IRA guidelines, Company technical manuals, and laws of the country.
- Improving efficiency, increasing departmental profits, monitoring financial activities, identifying business opportunities, analyzing financial and accounting data, evaluating performance and productivity, generating reports for Management and Board of Directors and giving presentations. This will be subject to the Risk Appetite, Policies, Strategic Plan, and Authority Matrix set by the Board of Directors, and legislation in Kenya or any other governing laws.
- Responsible for directing, coordinating, growing the business and identifying new business opportunities.
- Responsible for the business development and growth of the clients branches i.e. Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru offices as well as all other satellite offices to be opened as per the Strategic Plan 2022-2024.
- Responsible for the growth and management of the Travel Insurance product
- Development / proposal of new products in line with the new product policy of the company.
- Setting up of brand new satellite office as per the Strategic Plan 2022-2024
- Growth and development of Fac-Re business in the company
- Engagement of new intermediaries
- Formulate and implement customer retention strategies
- Formulate and implement workflow to increase customer satisfaction.
- Develop a clear strategy for optimum performance while achieving growth targets within the Strategic Plan and risk appetite set by the Board of Directors.
- To continuously supervise departments under his care for compliance with Risk Management policy and framework and minimize the incidences of Breach of Company Policy.
- To ensure internal deadlines for submission of premium bookings are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with all customers and intermediaries to ensure customers are provided with efficient service levels at all times.
- Monitor customer preferences in various regions to determine focus retail sales efforts.
- Conducting forums with agents and brokers which will lead to the company’s business growth; including and not limited to; trainings and sessions with employees of intermediaries.
- Ensuring timely preparation of accurate, informative reports to management for decision-making. The individual must have good time management skills and the ability to structure the workday.
- Fostering and maintenance of good corporate image through liaison with all competitors, intermediaries and the general public and maintain high public relations.
- Conduct market research and intelligence and advise the company and senior management on changes in the insurance market in terms of rates and procedures.
- Lead and motivate the team towards achievement of organizational goals and adherence to industry best practice, optimize Resource and capacity utilization, escalate productivity and operational efficiency whilst curtailing costs / expenses.
- Ensuring all quotations are done in line with the Company and Reinsurance minimum rates and terms. For any deviation a written approval / direction is to be sought from the Rating Committee.
- Ensuring that the staff performance management process of KPI is embraced and continuously carried out within the departments for effective service to ensure profitable and sustainable growth of the company.
- Ensure continuous mentoring and training of staff and heads of departments in the company.
- Managing budgets and operational costs in the course of achieving the Company strategy and set targets.
- Commitment to continuous Corporate Governance and risk management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan 2022- 2024 – monitoring successful implementation.
- Adherence to the Board risk appetite for 2022 to 2024
- Execution of the gaps/recommendations identified in the Risk dash board – prepared quarterly
- Review the financial condition report, prepared by the external independent actuaries and take corrective action as recommended by the actuaries on product pricing and underwriting policies in place.
- Review the minutes of Board Committees to monitor that tasks allocated by the Board committees are actually being carried out by the responsible officers and within the time frame set for each. The matters arising for each meeting will be reviewed by you regularly and monitored closely with the concerned managers.
- Ensure that all departments are adhering to the Authority Matrix strictly.
- B.com or Business related degree from a recognized university. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Having a professional insurance qualifications (ACII, CII, AIIK) is desirable.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in Corporate/Retail sales in the insurance industry, with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Have a consistent track record in achieving sales targets.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and communication skills, interpersonal skills including formal and informal presentation skills.
- Good customer relation skills.
- Must have high levels of integrity.
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer literate.
- Ability to think critically
- Planning and good organization skills
- Good team player
- Analytical and critical thinker
- High dexterity and emotional intelligence
- Dependability and flexibility
- Time management skills and organization skills
- Adherence to deadlines
- Highly resilient individual
- Continuous learner
- Imaginative & problem solving skills
- Highly adaptable to a continuously changing economic environment.