Job ID 20115
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor\'s Degree
Responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to drive business growth in modern trade channels. Establish and maintain relationships with key modern trade accounts, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to increase market share, brand visibility, and revenue through effective sales initiatives. Defines and drives strategies focus at enabling GPL win at the moment of choice by satisfying shopper desires in a Category and customer context. Align our marketing and sales strategies to optimize customer engagement, brand visibility, and overall business growth. Bridge the gap between marketing initiatives and
sales activities, ensuring that our products reach the right audiences at the right time and in the most effective way
- Sales Strategy and Planning
Develop comprehensive sales plans and strategies for modern trade channels, aligned with overall
company goals and objectives. Partner with the Head of Commercial to set sales targets and KPIs within Modern Trade for the
Regional Sales heads, and regularly track and report progress to senior management.
- Modern Trade Account Management
Maintain strong top-to-top relationships with key contacts in Key Accounts. Negotiate and finalize agreements, trade marketing plans (JBPs) with modern trade partners to increase rate of sales across categories. Monitor and evaluate sales performance for each customer chain, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions. Design portfolio, category plans, products, brands, SKUs for listing in respective accounts. Evaluate customer, channel and category profitability to optimize business opportunity. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation of account objectives. Communicate to RSMs, TLs and Trade developers to create alignment on account plans.
- Insight Generation
Draw insights by analysing market trends, competitor activities, and consumer behaviour to identify
opportunities for growth across Modern Trade channels. In-depth analysis and understanding of distributors, key customers, their businesses and their shoppers to support mutual growth and amazing relationships.
- Targeted Trade Investments
Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute effective trade marketing campaigns and
promotions in modern trade outlets. Translate marketing campaigns into actionable plans for sales teams, ensuring they are well-equipped to effectively communicate the value propositions of our products. Oversee in-store marketing activities, promotions, and merchandising strategies to drive sales at the point of purchase. Ensure efficient utilization of budgets for trade marketing activities. Collaborate with the marketing manager to design and implement effective marketing strategies to
ensure promotion effectiveness and a positive ROI for all Trade investment activities. Champion Market segmentations and targeting of activities to the right channel and segment.
Generate regular sales reports and presentations to senior management, highlighting achievements, challenges, and action plans.
- Forecasting & Inventory Management
Collaborate with the Manufacturing team to accurately forecast Sales demand for products in modern
trade channels. Oversee inventory levels at modern trade outlets and ensure optimal stock availability to enhance ROI
- Compliance & Ethics
Ensure all sales activities are conducted in accordance with company policies, legal regulations, and ethical standards. Uphold the company’s image and reputation in all business interactions.
- other duty may be allocated by your supervisor from time to any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience managing Modern Trade Channels, 3 in Leadership role.
- Proven experience in sales and account management within the modern trade sector, preferably in the ice-cream and confectionery categories.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a sales team.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret sales data and market trends to drive business decisions.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with sales tools and software for data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to make autonomous and feasible decisions